OSS Solution Architect (m/f) - Zagreb
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Responsible for analysing, designing & developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. Responsible for profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, & technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions & proposals.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Scope, define & design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyse customer technology, define business requirements & participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities & solutions
- Develop technical presentations & proposals, & perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas & share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Broad Technical Acumen
- Consultative Selling Ability
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
Minimum Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
Preferred Qualification & Experience Requirements
- IT/IS experience with strong Telecom domain knowledge, processes and standards in OSS space.
- Knowledge in designing or integrating OSS solutions related to Service Fulfillment / Provisioning with focus in Network Inventory Management system
- Knowledge of Business process capturing and Business process analysis methodology
- Knowledge of System Integration project delivery methodology
- Presentation & Communication skills
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Market insight
- Financial Understanding
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications
- Telecom knowledge (Network elements, Fixed/Mobile architectures, OSS/BSS concepts, etc),
- Knowledge in OSS solutions. (OSS, Service Fulfillment – Network Inventory)
- Good technological knowledge related to the HW (SUN and/or HP.), OS (Unix, Linux, etc.), databases (Oracle, Sybase, mySQL etc..), virtualization (VMware, SUN/Oracle), cluster solutions, backup & restore; experience with these technologies from previous work will be helpful.
- Programming skills in one or more languages and environments is needed for some positions related to Customer Adaptations: Java, XML, C, DUP, .NET, Eclipse.
- Knowledge of eTOM, NGOSS, TAM, ITIL, TOGAF and SID framework for designing solutions for service providers
Readiness to work abroad travel frequently.
If you enjoy working with people from around the world and across various disciplines (from customer technical staff to local authorities), are self-motivated with the drive to solve problems and expand your knowledge and are able to deliver consulting services in form of close dialog and presentations to the customer, please send us your on line application. Please attach your detailed CV in English and Croatian together with your application letter.
Only on line applications will be taken into consideration. Candidates will be evaluated and contacted if they pass initial screening.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.