Our client is one of the most renowned companies worldwide when it comes to HVAC and refrigeration systems for marine and offshore applications. This reputation has been built for the past 70 years with the help of their highly skilled sales people, engineers and project managers. With offices in 5 countries and network of agents in more than 20 countries, they provide local service in most important ship and offshore building regions worldwide. All of their projects are based on high standards and the goal to offer environmentally responsible and maximum energy efficient solutions which meet the most demanding global comfort and safety requirements.
For their Italian branch office in Trieste region, we are searching for an ambitious and highly motivated person for the position of:
Marine HVAC Lead Project Engineer / Designer (m/f)
At this position you will be part of the project execution department which handles projects from handover by sales department until handover to the aftermarket department. You will have the opportunity to work on projects which consist in designing the complete HVAC on passenger ships (mainly for Cruise and Ferry) from initial design, to procurement, production, shipping, supervision of installation and commissioning. Among others, your responsibilities within this process are:
- Involvement in all technical aspects of the given HVAC project with exception of automation solutions;
- designing HVAC solutions from basic design followed by detailed engineering design;
- independently work on smaller projects as well as coordinating and supervising the work of junior engineers and/or external resources on bigger projects;
- help in procurement of different suppliers with emphasis on technical aspects;
- supporting the sales department, especially with calculations during the quotation phase;
- close cooperation with the Project Execution Director and Project Managers.
- University degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with at least 5 years of relevant work experience as a project engineer/designer of HVAC solutions within the ship design and marine engineering;
- profound understanding of ducted HVAC systems and knowledge about sizing and preparing diagrams of chilled and hot water systems;
- proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD 2D, while Bentley Microstation and/or MagiCAD are a plus;
- fluent in English both written and spoken with good interpersonal skills;
- goal driven personality with well-developed communication, presentation, and commercial skills;
- highly responsible and independent with profound time management skills;
- driving license and willingness to travel occasionally within Europe and abroad.
We are offering:
- Long term perspective in a successful international engineering group;
- attractive compensation package;
- global and multicultural working environment;
- numerous opportunities for knowledge, skills and career development.
Application deadline: August 27th, 2017.
We invite all interested candidates who meet the above requirements to send the application and resume in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.