Most people see a chair.
You see creative ways to bring it to life.
Interior Design Co-worker (m/f); Communication & Interior Design; IKEA Zagreb store
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
About youYou have a deep passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home, together with an education in design, architecture or arts. You have the ability to think creatively supported by commercial visual competence, as well as a keen eye for aesthetics; at the same time, you have a practical hands-on approach to your tasks and the ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- At least 1 year of relevant experience (projects, student work or internship is acceptable) and educational background in design, architecture or art.
- You are open-minded, enthusiastic and passionate person.
- You are organized, attentive to details and capable of planning projects within a given timeline.
- Ability to learn new things and have no fear of working with tools, climbing on ladder and similar jobs.
- Desire to actively seek improved methods of working in a simple and cost-efficient way.
- You enjoy being up-to-date on home furnishing/interior design trends.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and deadlines.
- You take responsibility for your actions and you are not afraid to make mistakes but also learn from them.
- You enjoy being a part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of English language.
- Portfolio of previous works.
About the jobYour job is to use your deep knowledge of people’s life at home and your high level of home furnishing competence to show a number of functional, beautiful, sustainable and affordable solutions that are relevant to your local market. You also challenge and encourage the many people to see their homes in new ways.
About the assignmentIn this role, you will be a part of the creative team and you will:
- Plan and implement up-to-date room settings and other store media that exceed our visitor’s expectations by applying your home furnishing knowledge.
- Use the richness of the IKEA product range to show distinct and different styles that appeal to many individual tastes and needs.
- Stimulate and increase the interest for home furnishing through constantly showing new and inspiring solutions that motivate people to visit the IKEA store frequently.
- Reflect the IKEA Brand identity by creating visual impact in all commercial, sales support and co-worker areas.
IKEA South East Europe is an exciting and empowering region with great growth agenda in all countries – Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine. We operate in 3 countries and will open 3 new stores in less then 3 years and establish IKEA retail operations in 2 new countries. Join IKEA now and apply for the position online by 24 June 2019 in English.
Click here to submit your application.