It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Company Description:Optiva Inc. is a leading provider of mission-critical, cloud-native revenue management software for the telecommunications industry. Our products are delivered globally on the private and public cloud. The Company’s solutions help service providers maximize digital, 5G, IoT and emerging market opportunities to achieve business success. Established in 1999, Optiva Inc. is on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:OPT).
- Optiva is a leading company in telco industry and telco products, covering the full lifecycle of telecom billing system experience, including that of real-time and offline charging systems, together with CDR mediation and Policy Control;
- Software Engineer handles medium-to-high complexity software cases, designing, developing, testing and releasing quality software, taking into account industry-level development and documentation practices;
- As a software engineer, you will be working in a team of mixed skills professionals (business analysts, system integration, QA, Ops teams) on Optiva’s innovative solutions for OSS/BSS;
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, providing fixes and reviewing changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions;
- Develop information systems by designing, coding and installing software solutions;
- Develop software solutions by analyzing information needs with users, defining system flow, data usage, work processes, programming code and standards;
- Document solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, metrics and clear code comments;
- Follow the software development life cycle;
- Improve operations by investigating problematic areas, conducting systems analysis, defining/measuring/analyzing KPIs and recommending changes in policies and procedures;
- Manage data security (confidentiality, integrity and availability);
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing reports, dashboards and metrics.
- 2 to 5 years of market experience developing software using Java (Spring/Spring Boot, Microservice architectures, REST/SOAP/CORBA)
- Database expertise: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis;
- Unit and Integration tests experience;
- Experience working with CICD, GIT, Jira, Jenkins;
- Excellent OOP skills;
- Excellent communication in English;
- Teamwork and adaptability to challenges;
- Experience working with Cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, or Azure, dev ops, and scaling infrastructure) and Containers (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Experience in Telecom solutions (Protocol Handlers, OSS, BSS, Billing, Charging, CDR Mediation) would be a plus;
- Experience with Optiva Unified Charing Application (Flex Logic, IPD, ngOM, CAF, etc.)
- Automation knowledge: Ansible, Terraform;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology;
Please submit all your job application content (cover letter, CV, etc...) in English language.
Recommended CV format is Europass or equivalent / similar.