Software Engineer for STB Solutions (m/f)
Work Location: Zagreb
Who we are:
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 11,000 designers and engineers across the globe. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products - and careers.
You will be responsible for:
- Architecture contribution, development, test and integration
- Participate in code review
- Implement new and/or change existing functionality according to requirements
- University education (Bachelor or Master degree) in fields of Electrical Engineering, IT, or related fields
- Solid understanding software patterns in Android
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Fulfilling commitments and willingness to show initiative
- Willingness to travel for business trips
- A team-player’s mind-set
On a project for our client, you will work on STB SW and/or Server SW development and maintenance, whereby required skills include some of the following know-how areas:
Development activities skills:
- Experience in technical domains of Android TV, CAS, Middleware
- Experience in technical domains of Server software, Java JEE for Utilities metering
Desirable but not mandatory skills:
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Security: CAS CISCO (with or without smart card), DRM PlayReady, Widevine
- Security: DRM Nagra PRM 3.1
- SW: Android O, ST Linux SDK, TeleIDEA MW
- MW (player + tuner management)
- UI Tier developed by Get or Cisco
- RCU BLE with voice and OTA
- Streams: IPTV, DVB-C encrypted with Cisco CAS, OTT content (YouTube, Netflix…) encrypted with PlayReady or Widevine
- Streams: Channels and VoD in smooth streaming or MPEG-DASH encrypted with Widevine
- Streams: OTT content (YouTube, Netflix,…) encrypted with PlayReady or Widevine
- Streams: Live TV encrypted with Verimatrix
- Experience in integration and pre-certification (Google, Netflix)
- Experience in porting specific add-on on Android O
- Knowledge of versioning and revision control systems
- Experience in troubleshooting, bug-fixing
- Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
- Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities.
- Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
- Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
- Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees.
Send your application via application link.
“I hereby give my consent for the disposal of my personal data for processing the query. Forwarding data to third parties outside GlobalLogic is carried out with the consent of the respondents. Disposition of personal data published through queries is performed in accordance with the applicable Law on Personal Data Protection (Official Gazette 103/03, 118/06, 41/08, 130/11, 106/12), which preserves the confidentiality of the data”
Please note: only successful applicants will be invited for an interview.