Xellia Pharmaceuticals is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of life-saving anti-infectives. With over 100 years of industry experience in developing last resort treatments for infectious diseases, Xellia is focused on the supply of products which not only save lives, but also improve and enhance patients’ quality of life. We are a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on fermented antibiotics and injectable finished products. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and owned by Novo A/S, we are more than 1700 employees globally. From state-of-the-art manufacturing sites in the U.S, China, Denmark and Hungary to R&D sites in Norway and Croatia; Xellia Pharmaceuticals excels within innovative product development to deliver high quality products.
For our Zagreb team we are looking for
Patent agent (m/f)
Patent department (Legal)
- Develop patent strategies for innovative products (own development and in licensed products)
- Identify inventions, assess and draft new patent applications and follow prosecution internationally
- Freedom to operate including patent landscapes for new products– search databases, review patents / applications
- Assist in developing non-infringement / invalidity strategy for new products
- Prepare Third Party observations / oppositions where and when applicable
- Participate in R&D projects
- High level degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Pharmaceuticals or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Minimum 3 years working with patent strategies for innovative products in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Medical device industry
- Excellent understanding of patent regulations
- Understanding of R&D processes
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- High skills in searching databases
- Competitive compensation package
- Challenging job in a fast growing international pharmaceutical company
- "Scandinavian style" - working atmosphere
The position will be part of the Patent Department which is located in three different places, Oslo, Copenhagen and Zagreb. You will report to the Patent Director in Oslo. The employees in the Patent Department work closely together and have a high need to share knowledge and information. In this role you will be given the freedom to handle a wide variety of tasks in interaction with a large part of the organization. But also in more general terms, Xellia offers an exciting opportunity to contribute and grow. We are large enough to drive change, yet small enough to depend on each single individual in our organization. We have a flat structure, a friendly culture, and a strong will to win. In addition, we offer flexible hours, several voluntary social activities, and a competitive compensation package.
To apply for this position, please send your English CV and application letter only via application link no later than April 27, 2018. .