Automotive Software Architect (m/f)
Work Location: Zagreb
Our client is a global supplier of embedded software products, development tools and and services for the automotive industry.
If you ever wanted to be a part of the ever-changing automotive industry that will literally move us into the future, you came to the right place. We will offer you a chance to build that future, not only drive it.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining the project functionalities and requirements according to the customer system requests (incl. features resulting from standard changes e.g. AUTOSAR)
- Supporting the estimation process for new features or change requests
- Designing the architecture of the software modules and defining/grouping the requirements
- Suggesting design of the architecture of the test cases that need to cover requirements
- Recommending and applying architecture patterns in the context of a specific problem
- Responsibility for the software implementation, integration and evaluation concept
- Supervising and reviewing the critical development work parts of the engineers including participation in code reviews
- Close cooperation with customer to clarify its potential issues
- Definition and planning of work packages for the software project team
- Learning about safety standards applied to Automotive and using it in your architectures
- Development, implementation and documentation of software architectures
- University degree in fields of Electrical Engineering, IT, or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in software development projects, with a record of strong technology achievements
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Ability to take responsibility for the tasks realization and high quality assurance
- Excellent communication skills
- Fulfilling commitments and willingness to show initiative
- Willingness to travel for business trips (short one)
- A team-player’s mind-set
Depending on specific project/technology/industry, required skills include some of the following know-how areas:
Development activities skills:
- Experience in embedded architecture and system definition
- Experience in embedded system implementation using programming language C
- Experience with GIT/SVN
- Experience with Java
- Experience in architecture creation and management software
- Experience in configuration management
- Capability to analyze problems and to develop appropriate solutions
- Capability to recognize weak points, risks and dependencies
- Knowledge of architectural principles and different software architectures
- Both self-reliant and team-oriented way of working
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Desirable but not mandatory skills:
- Background within the Automotive industry
- Experience with Autosar
- Experience with communication network/protocols CAN, LIN, Ethernet, UDS, MOST
- Experience in SW development using programming language C++
- Experience with Linux OS and software development for Linux
- Experience with any real time OS
- Knowledge of HW architectures and design
- Knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Familiarity with embedded systems design, low-level hardware interactions
- Knowledge of German language
- Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
- Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities.
- Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
- Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
- Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees.
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 11,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.
Send your application via application link.
Please note: only successful applicants will be invited for an interview.