Hi, we're Croteam.
You might know us as the creative force behind the iconic Serious Sam, a series of fast-paced, gun-toting, first-person action shooting games. We also made The Talos Principle, a slow-burning philosophical cerebral puzzle game, with no shooting at all.
Entirely different in nature, but equally commercially successful and critically acclaimed, these games went on to conquer the top-selling charts on every hardware platform imaginable, including the toaster*, using the power and scalability of our in-house Serious Engine.
If you're serious about joining us for our next big thing, let's talk!
*toaster not really included on that list.
We are looking for:
Hard surface modeler (m/f)
- Developing high detail, photorealistic 3D models (vehicles, weapons and other inorganic designs)
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology and UV's
- Developing game-ready assets to match concept, photo reference, art direction, etc.
- Exporting models and textures into in-house engine (Serious Engine 4.x) and making sure they work correctly, touching-up textures after engine integration to optimise quality
- Collaborating with engineers and tech artists to help develop an effective environment art pipeline that facilitates prototyping and a rapid iteration mindset for a game development team
- Cleaning up scanned data
- Proficiency in one or more 3D modeling software (Blender, Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya)
- Understanding of form, shape, structure and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Eye for light, shade color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Up to date with the latest 3D trends
- Good English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- On-site work in Zagreb
- Good judgment on when to make it perfect and when to compromise
- Passion about art and video games, and eagerness to grow
- Previous experience in programming of video games or other interactive software
- Experience in graphics, multi-threaded, Assembly, SIMD programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics or related field
- Experience with other game engines (Unity, Unreal…)
- Work on a world famous Serious Sam franchise and the critically acclaimed The Talos Principle
- Smart, engaged and friendly co-workers and flat studio structure
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- Working on cutting edge technology
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work hours, a relaxed atmosphere and no open space office
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time on-site (in Zagreb, Croatia)
- Student job (part-time or full-time work when study schedule allows) - all the above requirements apply
If you are a candidate that meets our requirements, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio* via this application form by 19th of February 2019 at the latest. Please note that, due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*The portfolio is usually one or more programs demonstrating applicant’s skills in game development or related areas. We prefer to be able to get something interactive to see, but also to be able to see the source code or excerpts thereof.