We Make Waves.
Join a team of splash-makers who seek adventure, define luxury, and create the unexpected. Are you ready to take on the vacation world? #JoinTeamRCL
Duration: 17 weeks onboard (8 weeks’ vacation)
Location: Multiple - Onboard Royal Caribbean Cruises
Since Royal Caribbean International was founded in 1968, we have been recognised as a leader in the cruise industry. Over the years, our company has evolved in many ways; however, its essence remains the same: We always strive to provide our guests with the best vacation through excellence and innovation!
We are excited to announce new position for a Nurse to join our excellent onboard medical team. If you join us, you’ll soon discover the many benefits of living and working onboard, from meeting great people to visiting amazing places and learning about different cultures. Every day is an opportunity to deliver the WOW!
What does a Royal Caribbean International Nurse do?
- Provide nursing care for minor and major emergency situations for passengers and crew.
- Triage patients to help the Doctor establish emergencies during busy periods.
- Provide First-Aid instruction for crew members.
- Daily inspection of the EKG, defibrillation equipment, resuscitator etc whilst maintaining equipment inspection logs
- Provide general medical administrative assistance including completion of forms/reports.
- Test the water samples delivered to the medical facility using the method designated by Public Health
- The Chief Nurse with their previous experience on board will lead by example demonstrating the above responsibilities whilst assisting the Senior Doctor in the overall management of the Medical Department. You will provide leadership, guidance and training to nursing staff.
What qualifications does a Royal Caribbean International Nurse need?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or foreign equivalent
- Valid nursing license from country or State/Province of origin
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 1 year of application or renewed every 2 years from a recognized educational institution
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate clinical training in areas such as Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Critical Care Unit, Surgery, Anesthesia or Trauma Unit.
- Minimum of 1-year experience performing Basic Life Support.
- Minimum of 1-year practical work experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care or Coronary Care Unit.
All Nurses will be required to bring Nursing School Diploma, ACLS, PALS and professional license certificates valid for the entire contract length.
What Benefits will you receive in return?
- Monthly Salary is all inclusive
- Free lodging , utilities are covered
- Single Cabin
- Uniform provided
- Flight for joining and repatriation is covered
- Cruising privileges & onboard discounts after the first contract
- Paid vacations during contract
- Medical Insurance while onboard
Are you looking to advance your Nursing career whilst sailing the globe as part of one of the largest hospitality operations in the world? Does this sound like you?
**Send your CV for our Nurse vacancy via the apply button!**