Accounting Manager (m/f) - Zagreb
The OrganisationEurospin is an Italian discount store chain specialized in sales of food products and everyday purchase. Its business network currently counts over 1150 stores in Italy and Slovenia and over 15.000 employees, with the aim of expanding to other countries in the region. What characterizes Eurospin is the fact that we it is the only discount store chain in Europe to sell exclusively its own products. In fact, there are no classic brands in Eurospin stores that can be found in any other supermarkets, only products designed and carefully selected by the team of Eurospin experts through the network of selected partners.
Human resources are an indispensable element for the existence of the company. Eurospin fosters personal and professional growth by developing the potential and aspirations of its employees. They recognize that the dedication and professionalism of the resources are fundamental values and conditions for achieving the Group's objectives by developing the skills and competences of each collaborator. The company constantly engages in the development of its human resources by investing in training, so the energy and creativity of individuals finds full expression for the realization of their potential.
Eurospin believes it is time to show its value to the clients in Croatia as well. For the HQ office in Zagreb, we are searching for a motivated, devoted and reliable person to join their welcoming and forward-thinking team.
By holding this position, you will be responsible for the implementation of company’s policies and procedures in accounting and finance and to set up the entire department. As the first employee in charge of company’s accounting and finance in Croatian entity, you will be supported by an external accounting firm in the beginning, until company’s accounting will be moved in-house. You will be responsible to form a team in accounting and finance, and manage it. Lastly, you will work closely with a local management by providing them financial information.
Your other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information.
- Preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommending financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guiding accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Securing financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Preparing special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintaining customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance with at least 10 years of accounting experience in retail industry, ideally with an international organization.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory, both in Croatian and English. Knowledge of Italian is an asset, but is not a requirement.
- Prior experience working with SAP is mandatory; strong PC and MS Office (Excel) skills required.
- Developed analytical thinking skills; independent in work and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility in defining priorities and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Great organizational skills with systematic, professional and responsible approach to all work assignments, resulting in thorough and accurate work.
If you think you have the needed experience and expertise and would like to join Eurospin in a start-up phase of its operation in Croatia, then we are ready to meet you. Please send us your resume together with a short motivation in English via APPLICATION LINK until Monday, 21 October 2019. All applications will be processed with highest confidentiality guaranteed.
Others search. We find.
SMART GROUP RECRUITMENT d.o.o. ima dozvolu za posredovanje pri zapošljavanju
Klasa: UP/I-102-02/09-04/11, ur.br.: 526-08-02-03/2-09-6
Na objavljeni natječaj mogu se prijaviti osobe oba spola.
SMART GROUP RECRUITMENT d.o.o.
Heinzelova ulica 70/4
T +385 1 2092 222
F +385 1 2092 220