The 3M Company is an American multinational conglomerate which produces over 60,000 products under several brands, including adhesives, abrasives, automotive, construction, chemicals, dental, facility safety, food safety, home care and improvement, medical tapes, orthodontic products, traffic and vehicle safety etc.
3M made $32.1 billion in total sales in 2019, and ranked number 95 in the Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. As of 2019, the company had approximately 93,500 employees, and had operations in more than 70 countries.
At the moment 3M is looking for a new team member on the following position:
Regional Product Stewardship - Environmental Health and Safety (m/f)
Location: Croatia or Slovenia
On this position you are a trusted and valued provider of Product Stewardship services to 3M’s business and customers, supporting the EMEA R&D Strategic priorities while ensuring compliance with 3M Corporate Policies, Customer/Market and Regulatory Requirements. You are in charge of 6 markets - Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece. You are expected to take care of Product Life Cycle Management (Product Environment, Health & Safety) and ensure compliance with the applicable European legislation requirements and local law for Chemical Registration, Evaluation, Labelling and Waste.
- Establish a yearly Regional Product Stewardship Plan and complete 3M product EHS scorecards requirements, in line with corporate and regional guidelines.
- Handle new product introduction ensuring compliance with EU and national legislation.
- Assure on-going compliance for 3M products:
- Required hazard communication by generating and distribution of local language Safety Data Sheets and providing local language Label Text
- Required national environmental reports (Waste Packaging, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, Batteries, Drugs, etc.)
- Required national product registration, certification and declaration (Chemical product notification and registration, Biocidal product registration)
- Required applicable local legislation
- Support local manufacturing and outsourcing:
- Coordination of composition data collection from suppliers and CDMS data entry according to 3M standards
- Classification of materials for transportation
- Life Cycle Management review and documentation
- Independently handle customer inquiries regarding Product Stewardship subject matters. This involves seeking and evaluating facts and recommendations, informing and advising customers.
- Support and advise Sales and Marketing as needed regarding PS expertise.
- Monitor and assess impact of relevant emerging local or EU legislation.
- University education in the scientific field - Chemistry, Toxicology, Ecotoxicology, industrial hygiene, environmental/chemical etc.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience working on a similar position (EHS, Regulatory Affairs)
- Experience working on a regional position is of advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent project management capabilities and problem solving attitude
- Ability to define and manage priorities and execute them in a timely manner
- Positive and open-minded person with team attitude (remote team)
- Fluent in English, additional knowledge of regional languages is of advantage
- Knowledge of common computer tools
If you are looking for a career in an in international successful company and your profile meets the above mentioned requirements, please send us your CV and cover letter via application link no later than October 23rd.
Adecco Hrvatska d.o.o. is licensed by the Ministry of Economy, Labor and Entrepreneurship for executing mediation services in employment No. UP/I-102-02/03-04/07 since 05.06.2003