Front End Developer (m/f) - Zagreb, Frankfurt, Cluj-Napoca
Imagine what you could do here. At 2e Systems, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. 2e Systems is seeking dynamic and talented mid or senior level Full-stack Front End developer to join our global development team.
2e Systems is a leading computer engineering and development company specializing in aviation software solutions, like online booking, check-in, mobile app and communication solutions for the travel industry; we develop and operate critical systems for our major airline clients worldwide, and our software development team is central to our success.
Our head office is in the Frankfurt/Main area, Germany, and we are looking for the right candidates to join our growing teams in our Zagreb, Frankfurt or Cluj offices.
Job title: Front End Developer
Type of Employment: Full-time Employment
Our developers at all levels of experience participate in the full development life cycle from concept to deployment, using agile methodologies and the latest technologies. We are an engaged global team with a flexible approach, and there are plenty of opportunities to grow, learn, and to be recognized worldwide!
We develop quality software in a time-critical environment, so it is crucial that all team members work well with colleagues and communicate professionally with clients.
Main tasks of the position
- Designing, developing, and maintaining complex, dynamic applications
- Analysis of business requirements
- Supporting the deployment of systems and diagnosis of problems
- Estimation and prioritization of own work activities
- Interaction with clients globally
- Close collaboration with Project Managers and worldwide colleagues
A good understanding of, and ideally experience with (some or all):
- Software development using modern languages, frameworks and libraries
- PHP (Laravel / Lumen)
- HTML / CSS (Sass)
- RESTful services (building and/or consuming)
- Development best practices such as SOLID / DRY / KISS principles, design patterns, coding standards, etc.
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Source control systems and branching models (ideally using Mercurial or any modern system such as Git)
Some understanding of, and ideally experience with:
- Cross-platform development ideally using libraries such as React and ReactNative
- Unix / Linux as development / deployment platform (RHEL, Ubuntu)
- MySQL and NoSQL
- Working in small teams with end-to-end responsibility for delivery of complete systems
- Reading, understanding, and contributing to technical specifications
- Test driven development and continuous integration
As well as:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and a well-organized approach
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Good clean code that can be quickly grasped and maintained by other team members
- The ability to operate both in a team and independently
- Willingness to travel if and when necessary
- A qualification such as Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computing or related discipline
- Agile software development experience
- Understanding of airline business processes in general or in specific areas, such as Booking, Check-in, Crew and Passenger notifications, Loyalty programs, etc.
What we offer
- Work in the interesting and dynamic airline industry
- Help us grow and build innovative solutions for the medical and health industry
- We are strongly international and offer cooperation with colleagues and clients worldwide, including opportunities for international travel and transfer with 2e Systems globally
- You will work with engaged and highly competent colleagues, in independent teams with high levels of autonomy
- We have an informal and friendly environment with many exciting professional and technical challenges
- Fun office events and celebrations
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
- You will receive a competitive salary combined with good opportunities to develop professionally
- Further education and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on our business and clients
- Combined Remote & Office work as needed
About 2e Systems
2e Systems was established in Germany in 2000. We have grown to include offices in Croatia, the United Kingdom, Australia and Romania. We use many of the latest open-source frameworks and technologies to build stable and high-quality products.
We provide airlines with internet and mobile solutions for booking flights, check-in, notifications, and crew management. Included in our list of clients are airlines such as Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, airBaltic, Croatia Airlines, and JetBlue.
Additionally, we’ve ventured into projects in the healthcare Industry. We successfully completed the first major phase of a multi-vendor globally driven project for a customer in the Middle East.
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. Every new product we invent and improve, and every new service we create, is the result of people working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That happens here because every one of us strives toward a common goal - creating the best customer experiences.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our success, and are looking for a challenging job working with a team of experienced engineers, we welcome your application!
Please send your application via the APPLICATION LINK.
And please pay attention to the following points:
- Your CV must be in English
- Please include a brief cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for the job and which locations you would like to be considered for
If you require help/sponsorship to work in your preferred location, please state this clearly.
We hope you understand that we will not respond to applications which do not meet these minimum criteria.