Ericsson Nikola Tesla Group gathers over 3200 employees and majority of us are from the STEM field. Besides our ICT solutions in the telecom sector, we provide innovative solutions in health care, transport, state administration, municipal services and multimedia that constantly improve people’s lives and create new value. With more than 70 years of experience and everlasting work on new technologies, we offer the perfect mix of new knowledge and experience.
If you would like to work in a team of software developers operating in international environment, who do not hesitate to try new software and hardware, explore possible options, take initiative, and drive tools development - apply and join us!
Application Developers wanted!
We are looking for medium-level problem solvers looking to develop further, and willing to take the extra effort.
Your responsibilities would include:
- 70% of the time coding of new applications and/or modification of existing ones
- 20% of the time business requirement analysis, design, and solution documentation
- Support and assist Project Manager in finalizing project schedule
- 10% of the time interaction with business line (customer) and support team
- Technical reviews, code quality review, mentoring of junior colleagues
- Preparing solution documentation, test scenarios and providing support
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
What you can expect:
- Stimulating work surroundings using agile way of working
- Opportunity to work with new software and hardware technologies
- Solving real world problems reaching tens of thousands of users
- Continuous professional development, yearly goal setting and defined career path
- Monthly and annual benefits
Required competence and skills:
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Experience working with Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Good knowledge of SQL and databases (PostgreSQL, Hibernate)
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- University degree in electrical engineering, computing, telecommunication, mathematics or equivalent
Following would be considered a plus:
- Excellent Linux or database skills
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Good knowledge of Python
- Excellent average grade from University education
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Angular and React
If words like Java, mobile networks, web technologies, sound like something you’d like to work with, feel free to apply with your CV! If you have previous work you are proud of and willing to show, please provide the link as well.
Candidates will be evaluated and contacted after they pass the initial screening.
Croatian citizenship or work permit for Croatia is required.