Job DescriptionA Subsidiary Advisory Specialist is responsible for supporting the local Finance Departments within Arthrex EMEA subsidiaries. Support responsibilities/tasks are varied and encompass all the following areas:
- Assurance Coordination.
- Subsidiary Advisory Management.
- SAP implementation work/support.
- Ensuring that risk mitigation activities are executed and followed.
- Support implementation and continuous improvement of audit and compliance related processes within EMEA
- Support implementation of monitoring tools within the EMEA finance departments and subsidiaries
- Develop and coordinate corresponding communication and training measures in cooperation with the compliance department.
- Execute process and risk based audit assignments related to finance matters, such as accounting, controlling, taxes and/or treasury processes
- Complete monthly/quarterly reviews of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts with subsidiaries, ready for review with Senior Management.
- Full knowledge, control and review of yearly subsidiary budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes. Including preparation for review with Senior Management.
- Full year-end support for subsidiary Finance Managers including reviews. Tasks include:
- Complete revenue & COGS (I) recognition.
- Booking/reviewing of all known costs and treatment of accruals/reserves.
- Full Balance Sheet reconciliations including Inventory & PRFA reconciliations.
- Assist in all stock taking issues where necessary.
- Support the local Finance Managers if they are waiting on information from Arthrex GmbH in order to reconcile key accounts. (E.g. Intercompany reconciliations)
- Report back all such findings to the ‘audit controller’ position and work closely together.
- Continuously monitoring that best practices are followed as per the Arthrex EMEA Financial Reporting Guidelines.
- Any ad hoc requests with reporting requirements, GL code mapping etc.
- Working closely with other departments in Finance with a common goal of always trying to improve reporting requirements, development of new reporting tools etc.
- Ongoing ERP system support to be given to all Finance Managers.
Subsidiary Advisory Management
- Monthly/quarterly monitoring of key account reconciliations in the ERP system.
- Training subsidiary Finance Managers on how to reconcile the above.
- Ensuring all monthly/quarterly financial reporting is submitted to Senior Management on a timely basis.
- Ongoing subsidiary cash flow review/maintenance.
- Ensuring key deadlines are met by all subsidiaries throughout the year.
- Preparation of key presentations (in various formats) for Senior Management.
- Providing ‘non - Finance’ internal departments with timely and accurate information when requested
- Ensuring there is full support for subsidiary Finance Managers for any ERP queries.
- Organize full training for when a new Finance Manger joins the business including on site presence during the first Arthrex year-end external financial audit.
- Work closely with Finance Managers on very sensitive issues throughout the year and report back progress to Senior Management (E.g. on-going consignment stock take issues, AR/AP positions etc.
- Work closely with the ‘audit controller’ and help with subsidiary interim and year-end external financial audits.
- Half – yearly subsidiary ‘on site’ visits for a review/brain storming session.
- Organize and participate fully in the quarterly Finance workshops including working with local Finance Managers on their presentations for these workshops.
- Full support to be given to all Finance Managers going through the SAP migration process. Tasks include:
- Support with all data migration issues.
- Helping with full account reconciliation work to ensure all data has been completely and accurately migrated.
- Help with local ‘GAAP’ analysis where possible.
- Explaining EMEA Arthrex SAP best practices and how processes work differently in the new system.
- Be on site during the go live week and the week after to support the local Finance Manager.
- Train local Finance Managers on bookings in SAP including Arthrex unique monthly/quarterly/ yearly processes.
- Good working knowledge of SAP (frequent user).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/Navision would be an advantage but not critical.
- Advance Microsoft Excel user.
- Proficient at using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- A university degree/diploma is essential.
- Preference would be a Finance related University course.
- Business proficiency level of English language.