Ericsson Nikola Tesla Group gathers over 3200 employees and the majority of us are from the STEM field. Besides our ICT solutions in the telecom sector, we provide innovative solutions in health care, transport, state administration, municipal services, and multimedia that constantly improve people’s lives and create new value. With more than 70 years of experience and everlasting work on new technologies, we offer the perfect mix of new knowledge and experience.
This position is a part of a team of software developers located in Zagreb, producing automation software for telco industry. Their task is to enable greater process efficiency when building mobile networks of the future (5G, IoT). They combine their skills with new software and hardware technologies, in order to solve the latest market challenges. The work environment is exclusively international, agile and is keeping up with the global trends.
Our organization owns a complete software development lifecycle for a number of applications for web, mobile and desktop platforms. We are continuously expanding and today we’re looking for motivated development team members who want a chance to truly apply their valuable development. As part of our team, you would participate in business requirements clarification, technical analysis & solution design, software development, and interaction with stakeholders.
Currently, we are looking for a person for the position of Linux Application Developer. Such a person should generally demonstrate interest in (embedded systems) programming, shell scripting and IP networking.
Our preferable candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of Java and/or C/C++
- Good knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience and skills with different Linux distributions based on Debian OS (e.g. Ubuntu server)
- Experience and skills with Linux IP networking configuration (IP tables, routing, VLAN, firewalls)
- Experience and skills with configuring Linux daemons and services (DHCP, DNS, Apache, …)
- Any of the following would be considered as a plus:
- Hands-on experience with programming on Linux and building Linux binaries
- Linux security hardening aspects (e.g. disk encryption)
- Experience and skills with network traffic monitoring tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- Familiarity with building a custom Linux as a strong plus
Other skills considered:
- Experience and skills with Scrum/Agile ways of working and version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- University degree in electrical engineering, computing, telecommunication, mathematics or equivalent
- an opportunity to work within an inspiring working environment where you can develop your career, grow, innovate and be a part of a larger success story
- annual awards in accordance with the company’s business success and individual contribution
- incentive bonuses
- company restaurant and monthly meal allowance
- sports and cultural sections
- regular medical check-ups
- supplemental health insurance
- flexible working hours
- covered public transport costs
If you would like to join our Zagreb office, work in a great environment and make software with a global impact, apply here and let’s talk!
If you’re proud of some of your previous work, please provide a link and we’ll check it out!
Croatian citizenship or work permit for Croatia is mandatory.
Candidates will be evaluated and contacted after they pass the initial screening.
In our Privacy notice you can find more about handling your personal information.