Platform Engineer (m/f) - Zagreb
The OrganisationOur client, XpandIT is an IT Consultancy Company with it’s headquarter in Portugal and offices in London. As a global company specialised in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Data Science, Middleware, CRM, Digital Xperience, and Collaboration Solutions, XpandIT has top services and significant national and international clients.
With a posture of honesty and cooperation with more than 340 clients in the services area in more than 30 countries, XpandIT has already achieved 320 employees. They are also responsible for developing numerous software products, and are known for technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”. Our client is opening its office in Zagreb and is searching for Platform Engineer to join their team. Become part of an agile, flexible and collaborative working culture made up of people passionate about technology like you.
The PositionComplex problems require the right expertise! Today, one of the biggest challenges lies in data storage and processing, across these three main domains (3Vs): Volume, Velocity and Variety. At Xpand IT, the Big Data technological area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that represent the state of the art on capturing, ingesting, storing and managing critical data from huge clusters where the 3Vs are always present. As concerns technology stack, we take advantage of almost every state-of-the-art framework in Big Data ecosystem such as Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services or MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming languages to interact with them.
As a Platform Engineer, you’ll play a vital role in several phases of the adoption of the Large Scale Data platforms in on-prem or Cloud contexts (Azure, AWS, GCP), participating in analyzing, outlining and sizing distributed storage and/or computing systems, setup, upgrade, securitization and tuning. For these critical systems, a particular focus on performance and security is crucial, as well as implementing the best service development practices to serve as the basis for monitoring tools. Usually, this role also works closely with the development teams in designing, developing and installing application solutions, processing and storage.
- Setting up / upgrading / securitizing / tuning platforms on a large scale in critical, ephemeral and/or self-scaling environments on both on-prem or in Cloud providers
- Implementing security rules and policies
- Recommending and periodically updating the best practices for data platforms (hotfixes, patches, etc.)
- Configuring best practices for monitoring the infrastructure
- Analyzing hardware and software requirements for each project to be implemented
- Designing and developing new processes for better stability and performance maintenance of environments
- Developing integration or automation processes for Cloud deployments. Being able to turn to containerized environments on Kubernetes
- Participating and helping solve performance, scalability and security issues
- MSc / BSc degree in IT and Computers, Information Systems or Computer Science
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems is valued
- Good shell scripting knowledge is valued
- Knowledge of the objectives and terminology of distributed high-availability systems is valued
- Team player and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Hands-on experience in setting up large scale Data Platforms
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Providers
- Curiosity about Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience in Kubernetes and the various existing flavours Openshift, Rancher, AKS or EKS
What’s in it for you?
- Working with new and modern technologies
- Extensive on-boarding process and training
- Creative and friendly team atmosphere
- Highly innovative and stimulating work environment
- Career development opportunities
If you are ready to join our client's story, then we are ready to talk about the possibilities of this career opportunity. Please send us your resume in English by Monday, January 24th, 2022 via APPLICATION LINK. In case of your interest and involvement into the selection process we guarantee you the highest level of confidentiality.
Others search. We find.
SMART GROUP RECRUITMENT d.o.o. ima dozvolu za posredovanje pri zapošljavanju
Klasa: UP/I-102-02/09-04/11, ur.br.: 526-08-02-03/2-09-6
Na objavljeni natječaj mogu se prijaviti osobe oba spola.
SMART GROUP RECRUITMENT d.o.o.
Heinzelova ulica 70/4
T +385 1 2092 222
F +385 1 2092 220