Job Title - Senior Buyer for Corporate Services (m/f)
Department - Procurement
Location - Zagreb
- Operates within a fast moving results orientated business and Supply Chain team
- Part of the group Procurement function
- Group role to manage HR, Travel, Fleet and non-strategic IT services categories in the Adriatic region
- The role is European based, initially managing the Adriatic regions operating across all Nomads offices and factories
- Travel is required to engage with stakeholders and understand business requirements
- To manage the Nomad Group HR, Travel Fleet and non-strategic IT categories
- Own & execute strategic sourcing plans aligned to business needs and objectives
- Manage and develop supplier relationships that deliver value across quality, service, innovation and cost
- Provide and demonstrate the level of Procurement / technical category expertise to drive the categories
- Own & maintain key stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Collaborate with HoC in UK ensuring all synergies across the Group where possible are taken
- Ensure delivery on-time & in-full versus functional & business objectives
- Provide end to end Procurement process and best practice or advice and support depending on stakeholder needs
- Drive the implementation of the NFE HR, travel tool and fleet contracts in the appropriate way
- Develop, communicate and implement group strategies where appropriate to leverage Nomad Foods scale.
- Ensuring the agreed and signed off group wide buying strategies and policies are deployed and adhered to across the Adriatic regions.
- Ensuring the buying strategies enables flexibility and agility for Nomad footprint to transform over time
- Creates and adapts strategic sourcing plans to deliver business objectives.
- Ensures adherence to Procurement processes & reporting requirements.
- Develops and manages savings delivery plans.
- Development and management of key suppliers to the Nomad Group.
Decision Making Authority:
- Negotiates new Supplier terms T&C’s in line with Nomad standards
- Selects new Suppliers
- Makes tender award decisions inline with procurement operating principles
- Prioritises individual progression and development plans
- Demonstrates a clear strategic knowledge of Corporate Services
- Has the ability to influence internally & externally as required
- Understands and interprets/predicts market drivers & trends
- Understands and defines value chains & cost drivers
- Manages Supplier relationship to drive commercial advantage
- Applies strategic approach & defines scope for each category
- Manages available resources to deliver against savings plans
- Assesses strategic options against procurement imperatives
- Drives implementation to deliver substantial benefits on-time & in-full
- Group and HR Director and Local HR Directors and Managers
- Head of Category & senior Buyers: Indirects
- Group and local IT managers
- Strategic Suppliers to NFE
Knowledge & Skills
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- Negotiation skills, tendering and contracting
- Supplier performance management
- Performance measurement and reporting
- Benchmarking skills
- Has presence and credibility with internal stakeholders
- Has the ability to influence Stakeholders and Vendors at all levels
- Highly developed communication skills
- Builds consensus and clarity around objectives and strategy
- Understands key stakeholder requirements
- Business professionalism and gravitas who has capability to operate and engage at all levels in the business up to C-suite.
- Ability to listen to internal stakeholders and turn into action.
- Bold Delivery - Challenges the status quo and takes calculated risks within operational remit. Makes things happen with an 80:20 mentality. Uses experience & intuition as well as facts to deliver solutions.
- Change Agent - Anticipates barriers and the means to over come them. Remains focussed on delivery during difficult times.
- Impact and Influence - Communicates with real passion, ownership and commitment. Contributes and builds on the ideas of others to add value. Manages Stakeholders.
- Business degree or equivalent qualifications
- Ideally CIPs qualified or Membership
- Min 5 years’ experience working in FMCG in the Adriatic region with specific industry knowledge and understanding in:
- Corporate travel systems
- Fleet contracts
- Recruitment agency terms and conditions
- Payroll fees
- Successfully implemented strategic sourcing plans
- Pan-European experience – Sourcing
- Proven delivery of tangible benefits in quality, service, innovation and cost savings
- 5+ years in a Procurement function or ideally managing HR, Travel & Fleet categories at group level
- Global sourcing experience
About the positionThe Senior Buyer’s role is part of Nomad Foods Group Procurement Function which is a centralised function managing Nomad Foods total spend across 22 countries and 19 factories.
The main responsibility is to manage the spend for Group HR, Travel Fleet and non-strategic IT categories for the Adriatic region in order to deliver savings and find synergies.
The successful candidate will write key sourcing strategy documents taking into account market spend, risk mitigation, sustainability, financial forecasts & benefit to the wider business.
This role will also manage the full end to end tender process for new suppliers in line with the future strategy, key to the role will be to build effective relationships with budget holders and external suppliers
About YouOur ideal candidate will have 5 years indirect procurement experience preferably within an FMCG company, a proven track record of developing & implementing strategy from scratch as well as demonstrating delivery metrics.
We are looking for candidates with a broad commercial acumen who can balance the requirements of factory managers, external suppliers and the goals of the business.
What we offer you:
- An ambitious employer with recognized brands and growth potential
- The potential of a fast track career across different areas of Nomad Foods
- A culture where your ideas are making a difference
- A competitive salary and excellent bonus structure
To view the full job profile and to apply, please click on the apply button which will divert you to our careers site. We look forward to receiving your application.
At Nomad Foods we're proud to represent the world we serve by hiring diverse talent. Our inclusive culture is all about what we can achieve together.