Head of Software Delivery (m/f)
Interested in leading a group of global developers, DevOps, and QAs? We are looking for just the right person who is proficient as a backend (Node.js) or full stack developer but is interested in the development of team members and application lifecycles.
Join our Transcom Family as a Head of Software Delivery!
The Head of Software Delivery is responsible to ensure high-quality and on-time delivery across all documentation, design, development, and testing of solutions for the entire applications portfolio in Transcom. This colleague needs to be able to have a complete overview of the application landscape and propose and develop improvements, matching the business requirements of Transcom.
You will be leading a diverse team of developers located in Europe (mainly Croatia and Spain) and the Philippines, QAs being led by QA manager and DevOps team.
As Head of Software Delivery, you will be reporting directly to VP of Global BI and Software Delivery working closely with the Department of Data Strategy, Architecture & Innovation, as well as with other technical and operational teams across the organization in different regions (covering North America, Europe, and Asia), working in Central European Time.
Head of Software Delivery plays an integral part in the team’s growth as well as being close to all important technical decisions made about our products. You get to have a great influence on a lot of different processes within the Software Delivery department and there are plenty of opportunities for you to learn and grow further professionally here.
Responsibilities in short:
- Lead by example and act as a technical authority in the software development area
- Lead team evaluation and support personal development plans for your team members
- Attract and recruit talent across the organization and externally
- Understand business requirements and be able to lead the team to ensure a quality end-to-end process - From the design, continuing with the backend and front-end of the applications, through the testing and go-live
- Manage the workload for the team
- Able to deliver process flow diagrams for applications and design optimal supporting database structures
- Be confident to suggest the best solutions based on the business requirements delivering the balance between performance, scalability, and cost
- Understand and comply with the Global Application Architecture and strategic technology direction of Transcom
What’s in it for YOU?
- A global role that puts you in the center of our digital delivery
- Career opportunities - growth within the company, both horizontal and vertical
- Personal and professional development: conferences, training, and coaching on the job
- Winning atmosphere and supportive team - we strive for collaborative, informal vibes with a focus on getting things done
- Opportunity to be innovative and pitch your own ideas
- Freedom in execution and forming of the organization
- Multicultural communication and best practice sharing
- Hybrid work location (Zagreb office + home office or one of our worldwide sites office)
- Christmas bonus
- A minimum of 23 vacation days (growing with tenure and parent status)
- Parking space
- 100% covered Multisport card and additional health insurance
What we are looking for:A Head of Software Delivery possesses strong development knowledge and employs a servant leadership style. In short, we want to empower leaders on all levels, including employees, to make their own decisions based on a shared understanding of intent and a principle of accountability and ownership.
We like to believe that you have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or relevant IT and work experience, with at least 2 years of leadership experience and 5+ years as a developer.
We would like to see that you have:
- Demonstrated development & deployment experience in Cloud environments, GCP is an advantage; AWS or Azure
- Working knowledge of containerized deployments, such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in any open source programming language, Node.js is a must; Python or Java programming is a plus
- Knowledge in developing SPA (Single Page Applications) using Angular or React & Redux
- Experience in CI/CD
- REST API development experience is a must
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Good experience with different database technologies
- Experience following an Agile development framework
- Experience in using JIRA & ServiceNow tools or other tools supporting daily operations
- Self-organized and disciplined for task delivery, guaranteeing continuous quality, as well as respecting delivery deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a creative mindset towards effective and user-friendly solutions
- Excellent communication skills and a team player, “can do” attitude
- Willingness to work in a geographically and culturally diverse environment
- Capable to define team members' goals and empower them to grow
- Ability to meet the deadlines
- Ability to travel, no travel restrictions to Philippines, US, EU
What Life at Transcom is like?
We are a global network of 28,000 local specialists, across 25 countries, passionate about providing outstanding customer experiences. Equipped with intelligent technology, we strive to be one step ahead of the newest trends as we support our clients, because we care about our clients! With that, we care about our local communities and continuously support them, we care about diversity, inclusion and sustainability, we care about our employees’ needs, careers, development and wellbeing. Apply and find out first hand!
Sounds interesting? We look forward to meet you!
To get a better understanding of Transcom's corporate culture and atmosphere in our contact centres, we suggest you to follow us on our social media channels:
Vukovarska cesta 269D (VMD zgrada), Zagreb | https://hr.transcom.com/hr/careers