Enthusiasm, togetherness, and a "get-it-done" attitude is what our IKEA culture is built upon. We're optimists, constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. We believe that you, as us, will thrive when meeting incredible people that are on the same mission at IKEA. People who are humble, supportive, and absolutely committed to leading home-furnishing retail into the future and creating a better life for many people by putting the customer at the heart of all we do.
Join our team as
Localisation Specialist (m/f) at IKEA South-East Europe
Why working in IKEA is so much more than a job?
We're a company that cares about the lives of our co-workers. It's important for us that you feel respected, acknowledged, and included. No matter what position we hold at IKEA, you'll have a variety of benefits. Here are just some of them:
- Are you more into working from office or home? We are open to both, it’s up to you how you will tailor your day. And as home furnishing experts we will provide you our office furniture if you choose to work mostly from home.
- We believe that each of us contributes to reaching (and exceeding) our goals. That's the idea behind our unique, performance-driven bonus program: One IKEA Bonus. It rewards us for improving our business – together!
- Is there an additional room you would like to refurbish? As an IKEA co-worker, you have discounts on all our products
- We know that your free time is important so you will get each year a holiday voucher.
- Your health and well-being are our top priorities, so we provide you with additional and supplementary health and life insurance. We understand that everyone needs help with life challenges and daily demands from time to time. We offer you 24/7 support from external experts if needed with work, personal and emotional issues, or you need legal or financial advice.
- There are many opportunities to grow so we will arrange you with a wide offer of online training using our learning platform and if you want to change your career or position, you don't need to change company to change a job – we have many opportunities and examples of our co-workers changing position, location or even country
Why we will love you:
- Excellent knowledge of project management, including budget management, workflow optimization, stakeholder liaison and vendor management
- Extensive knowledge of translation systems, techniques and tools
- Deep linguistic knowledge of local language, including editing and proofreading, and excellent written and spoken proficiency in English and Croatian language
- Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Understanding of localization/communication trends and the ability to turn them into effective communication
- Ability to work with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to create the best possible experience for our customers
- Talent for understanding of the diversity of the market to add value both in the business and the functional competence dimension
- Passionate about languages and cultures with appreciating the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication theory into practice
What you will be doing day to day:
About the job
To secure that our customers and co-workers have a native experience across all platforms. To ensure all content and communication for the market aligns with IKEA tone of voice across all channels and according to the guidelines provided by the Franchisor.
To drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
About the assignment:
- Build and manage the localization pipeline in close collaboration with country-level stakeholders such as Market Support, Digital, People & Culture, as well as the global localisation team
- Manage localisation and translations projects end to end, setting stakeholder expectations while ensuring timely delivery of high-quality content
- Support the on-boarding of global recommended localisation vendors, together with procurement, and review their performance on a quarterly basis or as required
- Work with localisation vendors on a daily basis to ensure their continuous development, timely delivery of projects, as well as high quality of work
- Be the primary point of localisation knowledge in the country, advising on best practices, process, budgeting and planning, and be responsible for linguistic assets such as glossaries, terminologies, etc.
- Work closely with local content creation teams to create web, sales, communication and social media content that is appealing to customers by providing input from a linguistic perspective, while driving consistency with global content
- Conduct linguistic quality assurance and consult IKEA subject matter experts when necessary
- Consolidate and provide linguistic feedback to the translators/translation vendors to educate them on IKEA tone of voice and also mediate in cases of conflict on quality discussions.
- Liaise with the global localisation team to ensure consistency of approach, to define and implement quality frameworks, and to input on process improvements, budget planning and future localisation roadmap and strategy
- Translate and/or edit user interface, communication, PR, Web, social media and marketing materials for urgent and special requests, which can’t be outsourced
Our People and Culture team within IKEA
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.
We offer a full time, permanent role based in Zagreb store. In this role you will report to Interior Design Manager.
We are looking forward to receiving your application latest 30.09.2022.
Click here to apply.