Selvita is a global integrated drug discovery partner for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries with laboratories in Poland (Krakow & Poznan) and Croatia (Zagreb) and offices in Cambridge, UK, Greater Boston Area & San Francisco Bay Area in the US. The company offers drug discovery support at every stage of the early discovery phase up to the preclinical research phase.
Selvita in Zagreb, previously doing business as Fidelta, is a scientific research organization with a long research tradition in the fields of biology, chemistry, biomedicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy and related scientific fields, with the purpose of discovering new chemical and biological entities intended for the treatment of various diseases. We are a service organization; our scientists are working on projects, in collaboration with external partners, aimed at discovering a new drug or establishing test systems and platforms that improve the predictability of the research process.
Before joining the Selvita Group in 2021, we were part of PLIVA, GSK and Galapagos Group.
In our In Vitro Pharmacology department, we are looking for an experienced scientist to join us in the role of:
Senior Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology (m/f)
(Place of work: Zagreb)
As a member of the In Vitro Pharmacology team you will be responsible for testing novel potential medicines for inflammatory, fibrotic and oncological diseases.
Your responsibilities would include:
- development, validation and implementation of phenotypic tests using primary cells and tissues in vitro
- validation of biological targets and determination of the mechanism of action of active substances
- establishing new techniques for studying the mechanism of action of drugs
- analysing and presenting the obtained results to Selvita team members and clients
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following:
- Masters degree in biomedicine, biology, biochemistry or similar disciplines,
- PhD in immunology, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry,
- at least 3 years of experience as a postdoctoral researcher in above-mentioned fields,
- experience with techniques such as flow cytometry, qRT-PCR and ELISA are preferable
What do we offer?
- challenging and dynamic work in the field of preclinical drug discovery services
- multidisciplinary environment
- daily collaborations with scientists across the world
- culture of commitment to scientific excellence and high-quality service to clients
- entrepreneurial mindset
Please send us your application until 28.05.2023. via application link.