Enthusiasm, togetherness, and a "get-it-done" attitude is what our IKEA culture is built upon. We're optimists, constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. We believe that you, as us, will thrive when meeting incredible people that are on the same mission at IKEA. People who are humble, supportive, and absolutely committed to leading home-furnishing retail into the future and creating a better life for many people by putting the customer at the heart of all we do.
Join our team as Food Manager (m/f) at Zagreb Store, IKEA Croatia
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
WHO YOU ARE
Join our team as a part of Store Management team, being accountable for the sales and profitability of the function, the quality of food, food safety, legal compliance, customer experience and the people agenda in the store. Act as a commercial business partner within the IKEA business in the store. Lead and coach the store to optimize and develop the IKEA Retail Food business, considering the IKEA brand position, strategies, legal compliance and people and planet positive in all IKEA touchpoints as well as promoting IKEA as a great place to work.
We believe you have:
- In-depth knowledge in leading Food business solutions, compliance standards and Food safety standards
- Good example leadership and personal values
- Experience in leading a multi-faceted high-volume business
- Ability to handle multiple topics and changing priorities/deadlines
- Self-reliant and self-motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work creatively within strong frameworks
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to build trustful relationships
- Planning and organizational skills together with applying tactical and operational abilities
- Ability to identify new business opportunities
- Passion for food and peoples’ life at home
- Motivated by leading the organization in continuously improving performance
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language, whereas knowledge of Croatian language is an advantage
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
About the job:
Accountable for the sales and profitability of the function, the quality of food, food safety, legal compliance, customer experience and the people agenda in the store. Act as a commercial business partner within the IKEA business in the store. Lead and coach the store to optimize and develop the IKEA Retail Food business, considering the IKEA brand position, strategies, legal compliance and people and planet positive in all IKEA touchpoints as well as promoting IKEA as a great place to work.
About the assignment:
- Strengthen the IKEA brand by safeguarding a high quality, safe and inspirational customer experience
- Ensure that global and national compliance standards are met to secure a safe environment for customers and co-workers
- Responsible for maximizing sales through commercial and operational excellence
- Ensure that the store is locally relevant throughout the different sales channels by acting on insights from the local market potential and collaborating with the team and other functions in order to attract visitors
- Ensure IKEA Food financial results according to unit, national and global frames
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of unit yearly action plan
- Contributes to the overall business success of the store as a member of the steering group
- Secure a lean, diverse and high performing team through building IKEA Food and IKEA competence and leadership and empowering co-workers to act on their own initiative
- Ensures relevant competence, succession, organizational development and that IKEA is a great place to work
- Responsible for the implementation of the global and national people and sustainability strategies
Together as a team:
Thanks to us, customers, co-workers and people at home can have a better everyday life through food that’s good for both people and planet. Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide, underlining our Scandinavian heritage by offering a modern taste of Sweden. We also offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food market”. We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is!
We offer a permanent and full time contract of employment, based in Zagreb, Croatia.
IKEA South East Europe is an exciting and empowering region with great growth agenda in all countries – Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine. We currently operate 7 stores.
We strongly encourage and warmly welcome applications of people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences because we believe that diversity in IKEA makes us stronger.
We are looking forward to your application latest 23.09.2023. Apply now!