Warehouse and Inventory Manager (m/f)
The overall scope of this project entails the overall design, civil works (underground infrastructure, yard, new buildings & facilities, renovation of an existing, large warehouse), equipment deliveries (a/o STSs and RTGs), associated IT components, integration with the existing (port) infrastructure, operational start-up and integration of the whole into a working system ready for operational go-live.
The objective of this position is to provide leadership and cost-effective management of the warehousing facilities and parts inventory held within the terminal, using a critically-based approach with high safety standards.
- Localise and apply APMT’s global warehouse and inventory management strategy.
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies and procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace for all warehouse related operations.
- Monitor local Warehouse and Inventory statistics and KPIs, and drive ongoing improvements to warehouse management, supporting the achievement of operational production/ throughput targets.
- Work collaboratively with the planning team and other terminal staff to ensure that the availability of spares and materials is sustained at all times, to match the overall schedule of maintenance for the terminal, and that costs for depreciation and storage of spares are kept to a minimum.
- Organise and manage stock control checks in accordance with global warehousing standards.
- Apply and sustain the Criticality, Preservation and Obsolescence standards for spare part management.
- Measure spare parts costs and drive optimization of the local inventory management processes.
- Ensure that local warehousing facilities are able to provide the vital link in the supply chain to support the terminal maintenance function.
- Ensure clear communication with technical vendors, suppliers, training institutions and all internal stakeholders.
Reporting and Scope:
- Direct reports: Storekeepers
- The position reports to the Asset Maintenance Manager
- Geographical Scope: Rijeka, Croatia
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an operational asset maintenance or inventory management related environment.
- Understanding of asset maintenance principles, its processes and requirements and relationship to the supply chain.
- Experience in motivating teams in order to achieve success.
- Prior working in a multicultural environment with sensitivity to cultural diversity, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Practical, analytical mindset.
- Structured, driven, self-motivating and result orientated.
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation.
- Team player, able to collaborate and align on regular basis. Collaboration and alignment with terminal and project functions are key to success.
- Persuasive, being able to influence colleagues, contractors and suppliers in order to reach the target.
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Excellent communication skills, where sufficient level of English is a must, and Croatian is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree / preferably master’s degree in any field of engineering, or related field (Equivalent education and work experience may be substituted).
If you have been reading so far, we are glad to see you are interested. If you see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the unique and globally significant project, we look forward to hearing from you!
Our recruitment process:If your profile matches the job requirements, our recruiter will get in touch to share more about the role and get to know you better. If successful, you will discuss the role with the Line Manager in detail. Every candidate will receive feedback.
We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams. #LI-DNI