IntechOpen, the world's leading publisher of Open Access books, was built by scientists for scientists guided by the idea that scientific research should be easily accessible and free to use for everyone. Since 2004 we've published more than 3,500 Open Access books and 51,000 scientific papers from the the fields of science, technology and medicine in collaboration with more than 110,000 scientists from around the world. Today, based in London, we collaborate with scientists from the world's most prestigious universities such as Harvard, Stanford, MIT, and Oxford, and among our numerous authors are Nobel Prize winners Prof. Yoshinori Ohsumi and Prof. Harold W. Kroto.
The international scientific community has recognized the work of IntechOpen and our team is growing. If you would like to be a part of a dynamic, international and professional working environment, IntechOpen could be the right place for you!
Commissioning Editor (Rijeka based) (m/f)
We are looking for highly-motivated candidates with a scientific background to contribute to the strategic development of our book portfolio which consists of building a strong editorial network and identifying new book titles.
- Reaching out to high profile researchers via phone and email to engage them as editors on future book projects
- Expanding the book portfolio by creating a list of titles within scientific areas of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Building close relationships with editors and supporting them through the selection and review process
- Closely collaborating with other members of the publishing team (primarily Author Service Managers)
- Identifying new Monographs, Compacts and Proceedings titles
- Supporting the acquisition of Edited Volume contributors
- Reading and evaluating book proposals and manuscripts submitted by authors and editors, as well as assessing their suitability for inclusion in the portfolio
- Managing the 'back-list' (already published titles) and making decisions on relaunching such titles
- Researching market trends on an international level
- Providing data and contributing to marketing project activities
- Scientific background (Master's degree or equivalent preferred)
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality
- Focus on maintaining a strong customer relationship
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
IntechOpen is a dynamic, international and professional working environment where you will have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through new experiences, various training programs and support from colleagues and department heads.
What else do we offer?
- A permanent contract as soon as you prove that you can and want to be a full member of our team
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to develop experience in scientific collaboration
If we raised your interest and you think you might be a perfect match for our company, send your CV in English via application link.
We look forward to hearing from you!