Java Software Engineer (m/f) - Split
At Infobip we dream big. This year, over half of the world’s population interacted with businesses through the Infobip communication platform. It didn’t happen by chance: through 60+ offices on 6 continents, we are truly committed to helping our 200k enterprise clients reach and engage mobile users. Today we have 8 global engineering sites with 370+ members in Engineering and Product Development teams. Next step in our future scaling is to expand our brand-new engineering site in Split which is responsible for developing one of our newest product, Contact Center as a Service.
Join us in driving the continuous success of Infobip by working closely with our engineering teams to deliver world class in-house developed products.
Why is this role important in Infobip?
Our use case is specific. We are solving complex problems for global brands. If our services are down, our clients send messages through other providers. And when our competitors have troubles in production, we have to be the most reliable provider to get the majority of their traffic. We avoid big release dates and deploy to production when you finish a task in your sprint. It is an in-house developed product so there is no contract forcing you to guerilla develop something and troubleshoot later.
As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) that sends over 400 mil messages daily.
You know you’re doing a good job when you’re:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You are a junior, mid or senior professional looking for a high-growth challenge.
- You have worked before on a high load, large scale platform that has to be highly available. Or you are just starting and this is your career goal. :)
- You have experience working with Java, Spring and Spring boot development and delivering multi-tier enterprise applications.
- You don't want to touch HTML, CSS or the latest JS library - great!
- If you want to work as a Fullstack developer (or become one later) - great as well! Our teams have the libery to choose their stack and they have chosen React, Typescript and Webpack.
- You have experience with engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You wish to be a part of the team or lead it. Both is OK with us.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 5 minutes.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, company library, organised sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!
Interested? Let's get the process rolling!
Apply now and get involved in something great! If you are interested, please follow the application link in order to apply and submit your CV. You can find some useful tips and tricks on our careers blog but feel free to include whatever you believe would best help us understand your background and accomplishments.