Software Engineer (m/f)
Interested in developing group of products? We are looking for a proficient backend (Node.js) developer interested in developing himself to a full stack developer or already experienced full stack developer.
Join our Transcom Family as a Software Engineer!
The role of the Software engineer is to understand, document, design and develop efficient solutions related to the all application portfolio in Transcom. This person needs to be able to have a complete overview of the application landscape and propose and develop improvements, matching the business requirements of Transcom. He/She must be able to deliver mock-ups, readable and high-quality code, compatible and user-friendly frontends, and complete and successfully deliver testing and deployments.
The Software engineer role is global and the candidate will be required to work closely with the Global BI Architect and Business analysts as well as with other technical and operational teams across the organization in different regions (covering North America, Europe and Asia), working in Central European Time.
Our future colleague will be working with the team on developing, deploying, and testing Transcom´s internally developed software solutions. Software solutions vary from legacy apps that are about to go throughout a refactoring phase to completely new software solutions a person will work on.
Responsibilities in short, depend on the seniority level:
- Understand business requirements, and be able to deliver the end-to-end process - from the mock-up, continuing with the backend and front-end of the applications, through to testing and go-live
- Able to deliver process flow diagrams for applications and design optimal supporting database structures
- Prepare professional and easy to use user tutorials and manuals for the application set delivered
- Be confident in suggesting the best solutions based on the business requirements, delivering the balance between performance, scalability, and cost
- Understand and comply with the Global Application Architecture and strategic technology direction of Transcom
- Follow development guidelines and processes used during development tasks
- Other duties as assigned
What’s in it for YOU?
- A global role that puts you in an important part of our digital delivery
- Working on an applications which some of them having 20k+ users
- Career opportunities - growth within the company, both horizontal and vertical
- Personal and professional development: conferences, training, and coaching on the job
- Winning atmosphere and supportive team - we strive for collaborative, informal vibes with a focus on getting things done
- Opportunity to be innovative and pitch your own ideas
- Multicultural communication and best practice sharing
- Hybrid work location (Zagreb office + home office or one of our worldwide sites office)
- Christmas bonus
- A minimum of 23 vacation days (growing with tenure and parent status)
- Parking space
- 100% covered Multisport card and additional health insurance
What we are looking for:We would like to see that you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related tech field, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in English is a must (both written and spoken). Other languages are a plus
- 3+ years of work experience in development positions
- Demonstrated development & deployment experience in Cloud environments. e.g. GCP, AWS or Azure
- Working knowledge of containerized deployments, such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in any open source programming language, Node.js is a must, Python, or Java programming are a plus
- Knowledge in developing SPA (Single Page Applications) using Angular or ReactJS & Redux
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- REST API development experience is a must
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Good experience with different database technologies
- Demonstrable expertise in successfully performing automated unit and regression testing
- Experience following an Agile development framework
As from your personal characteristics, we would like to see you as:
- Self-organized and disciplined for task delivery, guaranteeing continuous quality, as well as respecting delivery deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a creative mindset towards effective and user-friendly solutions
- Excellent communication skills and a team player, “can do” attitude
- Experience of working in a geographically and culturally diverse environment is an advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines
What Life at Transcom is like?
We are a global network of 28,000 local specialists, across 25 countries, passionate about providing outstanding customer experiences. Equipped with intelligent technology, we strive to be one step ahead of the newest trends as we support our clients, because we care about our clients! With that, we care about our local communities and continuously support them, we care about diversity, inclusion and sustainability, we care about our employees’ needs, careers, development and wellbeing. Apply and find out first hand!
Sounds interesting? We look forward to meet you!
To get a better understanding of Transcom's corporate culture and atmosphere in our contact centres, we suggest you to follow us on our social media channels:
Vukovarska cesta 269D (VMD zgrada), Zagreb | https://hr.transcom.com/hr/careers