Facility Manager (m/f)
- American International School of Zagreb
- Adresa: Voćarska 106, 10000 Zagreb
- Web: http://www.aisz.hr
The American International School of Zagreb (AISZ) was founded in 1966 as an independent, non-profit, English-language day school offering an constructivist-based American curriculum, pre-kindergarten to grade 12, for expatriate families and internationally minded Croatian nationals who seek a comprehensive, contemporary, international standards-based curriculum.
As we grew, the school has moved six times through a number of a rented facilities. In August 2018, our purpose built, A+ energy rated campus will open with an increased capacity for 480 students.
Opis poslaUnder general direction, plans, organizes and manages the overall maintenance, security, repair and physical operation of AISZ facilities; and performs related duties as required. He/she works closely with all members of the Leadership Team to ensure efficient and effective routine and strategic management of the school’s operations and reports to the Business and Operations manager. He/she is assisting Faculty and Administration with various activities and events as part of the logistics team.
- Plans, directs and, through subordinates and external companies, supervises facility management services including building and facility operating systems maintenance, repair and improvement, custodial services and security operations; reviews and evaluates current operating procedures and personnel practices and establishes procedures, practice and priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors; coordinates building and maintenance activities within the division and with other divisions and departments to obtain optimum school’s function and utilization of personnel and equipment
- Recommends operating methods and equipment to maximize cost savings, service quality and safety
- Establishes and enforces operating and safety standards and procedures for maintenance services and repair in line with the goals and objectives of the School Board and relevant local legal regulations; gives direction, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to ensure completion of services
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff directly and through subordinate supervisors/lead workers
- Procurement of instructional supplies, materials and equipment for the school operation in line with sound business practices and School Board policies
- Administer all contracts for the school with outside vendors, contractors, leasing arrangements
- Involved in the day to day activities which ensure all educational activities run smoothly
- Follow and implement all school policies and procedures as outlined in the School Board Policy Manual, the Business Office Procedures Manual and the Faculty Handbook
- Other duties as assigned by the Business and Operations manager
- University degree at relevant technical university
- At least five years of facilities maintenance and operations experience that included some project/program budget preparation and monitoring
- Engineering experience with plants and machines preferably in a service industry (i.e. hotel, hospital…)
- Knowledge of technology and computer applications for Smart Building Systems and A+ energy rating building
- Ability to plan, organize and manage building operational services
- Flexible person with “can do” attitude
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Croatian
- Valid Driver’s License (B)
The School is conducting the search itself. Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following in a single pdf, in English via APPLICATION LINK containing:
- Letter of interest in the position (no more than 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than 2 pages)
- List of 2-5 recent supervisory contacts for reference
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline for the applications is 25th February 2018.
Visoka stručna sprema, Magistar struke
Potrebne godine iskustva:
Engleski (izvrsno), Hrvatski (izvrsno)
Stalni radni odnos