Linux Technician (m/f)
- Touch Support Inc.
- Web: https://www.touchsupport.com/
Touch Support, Inc. provides 24x7x365 Fully Branded Technical and Customer Support to companies that strive to provide first class support to their end-users. We are a US-Based company opened in 2003 as a small startup with our first employee working from home. We have evolved and grown into a multinational operation with offices in both the United States as well as Croatia and we’re currently planning additional European office expansions to help with our rapid growth. Our European offices are opened under Hands of Server Support d.o.o.. as our international brand. We just recently added our 100th team member to our ranks and already have our sights set on the 200 mark for early 2018. Our teams provide support for a variety of technologies but primarily focus on Linux web hosting support, Windows desktop support, and SaaS platform support.
We are a warm office in the very center of Zagreb. Our office is easy to get to, in fact, most employees bike to work! We are also excited to add an additional Croatian office location in Osijek! This newly opened office is centrally located just few minutes away from the main square, plus you are just a short walk to Promenada for a coffee or beer after work!
Opis poslaA typical day at Touch Support involves working with end-users through various support channels, such as tickets, live chat, and phone calls. Team members will be challenged to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with courtesy and respect in a fast paced, ever evolving environment.
Common requests you may be solving on a daily basis are:
- Basic e-mail set up and configuration (creation, deletion, forwarders, etc)
- Basic domain management (adding/removing subdomains, parked domains, redirects, etc)
- Relaying server-specific client configuration options (e-mail, FTP, etc)
- Service Monitoring reactionary items (contacting the data center, rebooting a down machine, or following emergency reaction policies)
- Password resets
- Basic sales questions
- Company policy questions
Looking for more of a challenge? Once you master the basics and progress towards Tier 2 you will also be handling more challenging technical requests such as:
- Troubleshooting advanced DNS issues
- Configuring and customizing services such as Apache, MySQL, Bind/Named, Exim, PHP, and other core services
- Deeper investigating in system logs to identify challenging technical problems
- Simple bash scripting and ‘one liners’ to perform common tasks
- Performing account level migrations
Technology changes fast so new updates are posted constantly. Downtime is used for training courses or to assist other team members with tasks. We’re not going to sugar coat that when we work, we work hard and even in downtime you are actively applying yourself. It sure beats being bored all day and I dare say your work days will actually be fun.
- We hire for character and train for skill! Successful candidates who join our team possess excellent self motivation, a positive personality, and respect for both clients and colleagues.
- End users are our lifeblood. A successful team member will anticipate customer needs while being positive and solution oriented.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language. Touch Support exclusively provides support in English which means all written and spoken communication is only performed in English both with clients and team members alike.
- Camaraderie counts - there’s no one hit wonders here! Candidates need to be ready to lend a helping hand or pass on their knowledge as they grow with the company.
Bonus points are awarded for:
- IT literacy
- Webhosting knowledge
- Linux / Windows knowledge
- Experience with documenting procedures
- Management and administrative experience
Please submit your application in the English language. Applications submitted in any other language will not be considered.
Srednja stručna sprema
What’s in it for you ?
- strong initial training to prepare you for the role
- paid certificates and further improvement and growth
- promotional path defined with clear guidelines and goals
- indefinite employment contract (read – stability)
- great working environment – company outings, free coffee and tea
If you are tired of the You need experience to get a job, but you can’t get a job to gain the experience, check us out and give us a call. We would be happy to teach you everything we know. Start your career today!
Stalni radni odnos, Studentski ugovor