Ericsson Nikola Tesla is in search of a candidate to fill a vacancy for:
Android Engineer / Developer (m/f)
We are a team of software developers located in Zagreb, producing automation software for telecommunications industry. Our task is to enable greater process efficiency when building mobile networks of the future. We have the opportunity to combine our skills with new software and hardware technologies, in order to solve new market challenges. Our work environment is exclusively international, we work agile and keep up with the global trends.
ur solution development organization owns complete software development lifecycle for several applications for web, mobile and desktop platforms. We aim to expand in multiple areas, so today we’re looking for motivated colleagues who want broaden competences in a professional software development and get a chance to work with the newest technologies. As part of our team you would be responsible for clarification of business requirements, technical analysis, software development, solution design and interaction with stakeholders.
Currently, we are looking for an Android Engineer or Developer. This person should have a strong interest in mobile technologies, with some experience in mobile development and up-to-date with trends and new capabilities on smartphones. This person is not afraid to look under the phone covers.
Our preferable candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Android development and SDK lifecycle
- Rooting an Android device (hands-on experience)
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Basic Android Debug Bridge (ADB) knowledge
Any of the following would be considered as a real plus:
- Good knowledge of OOP paradigm
- Basic experience with one of the application frameworks, Spring or .NET
- Good knowledge of RESTful services
- Experience with Git and Agile way of working
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- University degree in electrical engineering, computing, telecommunication, mathematics or equivalent
Other skills considered:
- Understanding Android Security aspects
- Understanding Android Interface Definition Language (AIDL)
- Some experience with low-level programming (e.g. parsers, drivers, embedded systems, etc.)
- Understanding Linux architecture
- Basic understanding of Android phone architecture
Ericsson provides high-quality modern working environment, stimulating reward system, together with lifelong learning, career development, and flexible working hours. We care about employee satisfaction, encourage innovation and provide ability to work in global teams. You will be given challenging assignments, opportunity to work on tools reaching 100+ countries, a chance to try out new software and hardware, along with continuous professional development.
If you would like to join our Zagreb office, work in great environment and make software with global impact, apply here and let’s talk!
When applying, please include CV in English and Croatian with application letter, together with type of university degree clearly mentioned.
If you’re proud of some of your previous work, please provide a link and we’ll check it out!
Croatian citizenship or work permit for Croatia is required.
Candidates will be evaluated and contacted if they pass initial screening.