Senior Accountant (m/f)
The OrganisationOur client is one of the largest construction groups in SEE. With existence of almost 80 years, numerous remarkable projects finished with even more imposing projects upcoming, they are being recognized as a premier provider of turn-key project services. Their presence in SEE and Middle East grew gradually to became stable and respected, and now they are in the process of expansion to new markets, including Croatia.
Smart Group is proudly supporting their plans by finding the best professionals who see this expansion as their new career opportunity and are motivated to work in our clients’ soon-to-be opened branch office in Zagreb.
- Performing complex accounting work, in cooperation with an external partner, as well as operative work such as general daily booking
- Accurate and timely reporting, on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, as well as closing the accounts, in accordance with state and company regulations
- Management of VAT and tax returns and liaison with tax advisors
- Managing statutory audit process, in collaboration with external provider
- Periodical traveling directly to the project sites and partner institutions/companies
- Analyzing figures, reporting and helping the management in decision making, providing expert guidance in all necessary areas, based on the knowledge of the local law and close cooperation with branch office manager and corporate CFO
- Point of contact for external authorities such as auditors, tax advisors, various state authorities and interaction with banks related to operation of bank accounts
- University/bachelor’s degree and/or professional accounting certificate in finance or business administration
- At least 5 years of proven work experience on a similar position, within a renowned construction company, with a good understanding of industry specifics, challenges and industry related accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting procedures and principles (booking, reporting, tax, final reports and other)
- Extensive knowledge of CFRS and knowledge of IFRS is an advantage
- Computer literacy (Excel is mandatory) while excellent knowledge of working JD Edwards system is considered an advantage (otherwise, knowledge of any global ERP solutions will be sufficient)
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Willing to perform operational tasks (daily bookings and similar)
- Ability to work under pressure, make concise decisions and meet tight deadlines and high standards
- Accurate, reliable, diligent, independent and flexible
- Ability to communicate efficiently with the engineers and other team members
If you think you have the needed experience and expertise and would like to be part of our clients’ success story, then we are ready to meet you. Please send us your resume together with a short motivation in English via APPLICATION LINK until Tuesday, 23 April, 2019. All applications will be processed with highest confidentiality guaranteed.
Others search. We find.
SMART GROUP RECRUITMENT d.o.o. ima dozvolu za posredovanje pri zapošljavanju
Klasa: UP/I-102-02/09-04/11, ur.br.: 526-08-02-03/2-09-6
Na objavljeni natječaj mogu se prijaviti osobe oba spola.
SMART GROUP RECRUITMENT d.o.o.
Heinzelova ulica 62a/4
T 01 4886 485
F 01 4886 489