IT Quality and Business Analyst (m/f) - Zagreb, Frankfurt
Imagine what you could do here. At 2e Systems, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. 2e Systems is seeking dynamic and experienced Business Analysts with aspiration for software testing and quality control to join our global Quality and Business Analysis (QBA) team.
2e Systems is a leading computer engineering and development company specializing in aviation software solutions, like online booking, check-in, mobile app and communication solutions for the travel industry; we develop and operate critical systems for our major airline clients worldwide, and our software development team is central to our success.
Our head office is in the Frankfurt/Main area, Germany, and we are looking for the right candidates to join our growing teams in our Zagreb or Frankfurt offices.
Job title: Quality and Business Analyst
Type of Employment: Full-time Employment
Our Quality and Business Analysis (Quality Control/Assurance & Business Analysis) team (QBA) is involved with all projects from conception phase during which they gather, analyze and document software requirements for both clients and internal teams; throughout the development phase during which they prepare test plans, automated test scripts, create simulators and various test tools; right to the final phase, during which they test, analyze and report issues with the functionality of the software, aiming for the highest quality of our delivery to clients. Even after the software has been delivered, the quality and business analysis team support clients before and during user acceptance testing by providing information, documentation, test plans, and reports as well as helping analyze and resolve any issues.
Beside involvement on the development of client-facing projects and products, the QBA team works on improving internal processes as well as investigating and developing tools and methods for analyzing business processes and software quality in general.
Quality and Business Analysts in our team range in knowledge and skills in various topics and technologies. Some of the QBAs work in all areas, but there are those who focus mostly on business analysis part of that role, working with clients and documentation and on the other end those who focus more on the software quality control, designing and performing tests and testing with one additional branch of the team whose primary focus is on developing tools and test automation scripts using Python, Selenium, Appium, and other tools for test automation.
Main tasks of the position
The following list showcases some of the major tasks QBAs tackle. As mentioned before, not all tasks are performed by all QBAs, but rather some QBAs will focus more on the BA side and others on QC or even automation.
- (QBA) Communicate and collaborate with a multicultural team in English
- (BA) Gather, analyze and document software requirements
- (BA) Write, review, maintain Functional Specification Documents
- (QC) Write, review, maintain Test Cases, Test Sets and Test Plan Documents
- (QC) Execute Test Cases from Test Plans and analyze and document Test Results
- (QC) Develop and implement testing, procedures, and processes
- (QC) Learn how to use Test Automation scripts and analyze results
- (QBA) Learn how to use and use existing as well as research and explore new tools, technologies, and techniques pertaining to Documentation and Testing processes
- (QBA) Collaborate and communicate directly with our clients on the requirements, functionalities as well as the testing processes and results
- (QBA) Provide visibility to work in progress and manage issues
In order to be an effective QBA, one should possess the following attributes:
- 5 years or more of experience in business analysis
- Experience with agile methodologies and writing user stories
- Strong analytical skill set with the ability to understand complex business procedures and break them down to smaller manageable logical units
- Great communication skills with the ability to precisely define unambiguous statements about system functionality in both written and spoken form
- Pedantic mind-set with great focus on details to be able to recognize problems and solutions in complex structures and mechanisms and document them
- Prioritization capabilities necessary to best allocate available time and resources in the goal of achieving higher quality standards with minimum cost
- Strong sense of responsibility towards work and clients, but also towards their team and all other employees in 2e Systems
- Dedication to continuously improve processes and procedures
- Polite, dependable and overall professional in work and contact with others
- Understanding of airline business processes in general or in specific areas, such as Booking, Check-in, Crew and Passenger notifications, Loyalty programs, etc.
- Understanding of technologies used in 2e Systems such as Databases, Backend, and Frontend development, TCP/IP, OOP programming principles, Linux shell, web protocols and interfaces (SOAP, JSON, JMS, HTTP, XML, etc.) and other.
- Basic knowledge of software testing
What we offer
- Work in the interesting and dynamic airline industry
- Help us grow and build innovative solutions for the medical and health industry
- We are strongly international and offer cooperation with colleagues and clients worldwide, including opportunities for international travel and transfer with 2e Systems globally
- You will work with engaged and highly competent colleagues, in independent teams with high levels of autonomy
- We have an informal and friendly environment with many exciting professional and technical challenges
- Fun office events and celebrations
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
- You will receive a competitive salary combined with good opportunities to develop professionally
- Further education and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on our business and clients
- Combined Remote & Office work as needed
About 2e Systems
2e Systems was established in Germany in 2000. We have grown to include offices in Croatia, the United Kingdom, Australia and Romania. We use many of the latest open-source frameworks and technologies to build stable and high-quality products.
We provide airlines with internet and mobile solutions for booking flights, check-in, notifications, and crew management. Included in our list of clients are airlines such as Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, airBaltic, Croatia Airlines, and JetBlue.
Additionally, we’ve ventured into projects in the healthcare Industry. We successfully completed the first major phase of a multi-vendor globally driven project for a customer in the Middle East.
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. Every new product we invent and improve, and every new service we create, is the result of people working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That happens here because every one of us strives toward a common goal - creating the best customer experiences.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our success, and are looking for a challenging job working with a team of experienced engineers, we welcome your application!
Please send your application via the APPLICATION LINK.
And please pay attention to the following points:
- Your CV must be in English
- Please include a brief cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for the job and which locations you would like to be considered for
If you require help/sponsorship to work in your preferred location, please state this clearly.
We hope you understand that we will not respond to applications which do not meet these minimum criteria.