The objective of this position is two-fold:
1) To coordinate and administer the project CAPEX procurement process: The project CAPEX procurement process is led and managed by the Shareholders’ corporate procurement organisation, in close collaboration with the project team and other corporate functions, in line with the Shareholders’ procurement policies and standards. Different categories are managed by different corporate persons, and as such the project Procurement Officer is tasked to coordinate, maintain and administer the project CAPEX procurement.
2) To lead, execute, manage and administer the small CAPEX and OPEX procurement during the project and in the operational phase of the terminal, in close collaboration the project team, Shareholders’ corporate procurement organisations and other corporate functions with the in line with the Shareholders’ procurement policies and standards.
We are currently looking for a:
Procurement Officer (m/f)
- Coordinate, maintain and administer the project CAPEX procurement processes that are led and managed by the Shareholders’ corporate procurement organisation, in close collaboration with the project team and other corporate functions, in line with the Shareholders’ procurement policies and standards.
- Lead, execute, manage and administer the small CAPEX and OPEX procurement during the project and in the operational phase of the terminal, in close collaboration the project team, Shareholders’ corporate procurement organisations and other corporate functions with the in line with the Shareholders’ procurement policies and standards.
- Procurement of all the inventory and non-inventory, supplies, services and capital goods including negotiating price, delivery and credit terms.
- Evaluation of vendors and determine most cost-effective inventory and reorder levels.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place by achieving transparency through the Shareholders’ procurement policies and processes.
- Advise senior management on effective strategies for the procurement of Goods and Services.
- Set-up and maintain the project procurement schedule.
- Procurement of inventory and non-inventory goods, capital equipment and service following established procurement policies and procedures.
- Receive purchase requisitions and verify for accuracy and authorisation.
- Arrange tender procedures, receive bids, coordinate with demand owners to evaluate, assess and select the bidders based on capabilities and written criteria.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Manage contracts in collaboration with the package manager (if applicable), company lawyer and contracts manager.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies to ensure uninterrupted manufacturing flow.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Ensure that adequate stock of key components is maintained in the stores to make sure there is no downtime in operational activity due to lack of stock; the position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non-delivery has direct impact on the terminal’s ability to function.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation and plan further demands and order levels.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Analyse and strive to maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends, pricing, availability, and capacity, technology and supplier capabilities.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers; evaluate, assess and select vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance; keep accurate vendor report.
- Ensure proper inventory control system is in place to carefully monitor stock positions, reorder levels and obsolescence of stock.
- Monitor and report spend and savings.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Effective quality control and continuous improvement is all aspects: inventory management methods, price and delivery abilities in particular.
- Follow internal regulations, Code of Conduct or any other normative documents / guidelines of the company and work in full conformance with corporate values and teamwork principle.
- Follow company labour safety, general safety, sanitary and industrial safety rules and be proactive on safety.
- Act as a part of the project / terminal team, collaborate with different organizational functions as needed and contribute to overall success and process/safety improvements.
- Liaise closely with all disciplines within the shareholders’ organisations to ensure that emerging workload is identified in advance and that resource requirements are planned.
Reporting and Scope:
- The position reports to the CFO.
- Geographical Scope: Rijeka, Croatia
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a private, project or operational environment, preferably in the transport and logistics sector or in the container terminal industry.
- Experience with multidimensional stakeholder management.
- Driven, self-motivating, result orientated.
- Strong planning skills and high analytical capability.
- High discipline – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation.
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Can work easily with a diversity of people, politically agile, skilled communicator, manages interpersonal conflict well.
- Requires advanced verbal and written communications skills in English and Croatian.
College degree in general or business management, accounting or related discipline.